Event: June 19th 2019
Online – Working with the body for facilitators (10am – 4pm UK time)
June 19th 2019
Working with the body for facilitators – online training
19th June 10:00 – 16:00 (UK time)
Recordings will be available if you can’t make some or all of this time.
This is a new online version of a training I’ve done many many times around the world. I hope this new format will open the training up to people who can’t attend a face-to-face workshop.
The central premise of the training is that the body matters in facilitation, and the core promise is that this workshop will help you work deeper, more skilfully and safer with it. It’s an experiential and practical training for those wishing to develop their skills working with embodiment in training and coaching. We will not spend the day just looking at a screen but will be moving around, experiencing, playing, etc.
Using posture, breathing and movement helps clients go deep quickly, and creates lasting results. This training will give you both a greater personal insight and a clearer overview of the field, as well as tools you can use the next day. Our embodiment determines how we think, how we feel, how we are perceived by others, and what we achieve, so is an extremely helpful area for facilitators to address. Most coaches know that the body matters, and this is a training to clarify exactly how, and to give you useful accessible tools. It is for both business facilitators wanting pragmatic down-to-earth techniques, and for those already skilled in working with the body to transfer their skills to organisational work.
Who this training is for:
- Business and life coaches, trainers, facilitators and consultants
- Yogis, dancers, bodyworkers and martial artists looking to apply their skills in “mainstream” environments like business
- Teachers, therapists and those in other helping or educating professions
- Anyone looking to develop their personal leadership and presence
Come if you’d like to gain:
- A deeper and much clearer understanding of the relevance of body awareness, posture and movement to your work
- Practical embodied tools you can use with clients immediately
- Tips on how to make this work accessible within a business environment
- Knowledge of how to work with the body confidently and safely
- Improved self-awareness – what is hidden that is limiting your work?
- Bodily leadership and influencing skills
- Techniques to manage pressure and complexity
- How to better “read” others, including cross-culturally – and to access your intuition
- How to develop the four aspects of embodied intelligence
- A “second generation” approach to embodiment that is clearer, more rational and culturally appropriate than older West-coast US styles
- A taste of embodied work if you are considering The Embodied Facilitator Course professional qualification
“Embodiment” as a word is catching on, but few organisations globally are as experienced as we are in teaching it in a pragmatic, business-friendly and fun way; and fewer still in an online context.
About the trainer
Mark Walsh has dedicated his life to embodied learning. He founded the Embodied Facilitator Course (UK and Russia), Embodied Yoga Principles, The Embodiment Conference and Europe’s first embodied business training company – Integration Training. He has taught in thirty countries and made embodiment available online through a YouTube channel that has over 13 million hits and on The Embodiment Podcast. He has a degree in psychology, an aikido black-belt and has trained with various body-mind masters and in many approaches, including in body psychotherapy, yoga, dance, bodywork and meditation. Past clients have included Unilever, L’Oreal, Virgin Atlantic, Shell, Oxfam, The NHS, Ikea and The House of Lords. He has also worked with peace and trauma projects in Israel/Palestine, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Brazil, East Africa and with the Sierra Leonian Army. He also likes cats.
“Not the type of course that comes in a folder to collect dust on your desk. I found the content real, accessible, and I was able to put it to practical use immediately.”
– Kathryn Knock, Coach, Norfolk, UK
“These workshops connect your body to your mind and help to complete a soul circuit. Plug yourself in and enjoy more powerful coaching and facilitation.”
– Antony Parry, coach and CTI coach trainer, Chichester UK
“It is nothing else but amazing how much I learned about embodiment in only a day and a half with Mark and Carol in Berlin. Our bodies talk to us. All of the time. They hold the treasures of untold stories for our success and fulfilment. They demonstrate where our minds make up stories of failure and limitations. They, as an integral part of us, are the foundation for connection. Our bodies talk to us. We’d better start and listen to them.”
– Geert Hofman, coach, musician and author, Germany
“My participation enhanced my ability to talk about embodiment work, helped me gain confidence bringing this work to new audiences, and provided a very rich peer group experience that result in professional friendships”
– Charlie Birch – professional dancer, Boulder, USA
“I now do in one session what I used to do in six”
– Coach and coach trainer, Tel Aviv, Israel
“If you’re looking for training that will challenge and provoke you to learn about yourself in profound and surprising ways, then I highly recommend Mark as a trainer. He is funny, provocative, committed and cheeky. Above all, though, he really knows his stuff, and he lives and walks his talk.”
– Aboodi Shabi, Executive Coach and Facilitator, Newfield coach trainer, London UK
Date: June 19th, 2019
Time: 9.45 for a 10am sharp start, we’ll close promptly at 4pm (UK time)
Requires a reasonable internet connection and a private space to move in (a small office will suffice as long as you can stand and walk a few paces)
Cost: £75 early bird rate until May 28th (about $100). Standard rate of £120 thereafter.
WARNING: Mark is provocative, swears and tells bad jokes. If you’re easily offended please stay away.
Booking: below via PayPal
After booking you will be sent a Zoom link