Trauma education day resources
An Embodiment Conference one-day event.
Saturday 30 May
A day-long event online on Zoom
Welcome to the Trauma Education community, brought to you by The Embodiment Conference.
You can access the recordings of live Zoom calls here free until Sunday night UK time
See the presenters below.
See the schedule below.
Join the Facebook community
Trauma is the result of a stressful event or series of events over time that exceeds an individual’s ability to cope. Feelings of helplessness, loss of control, pain, confusion, betrayal and confusion may all have become more prevalent during this unprecedented time of crisis, resulting in worldwide overwhelm and potentially, trauma. As embodied facilitators, we must be able to identify the common responses and symptoms of those suffering from trauma in order to be able to best support and care for all those within our classes (and just as importantly, not to overstep our boundaries of expertise).
The Embodiment Conference is offering everybody the opportunity to learn more about trauma free of charge, giving us practical knowledge of how to proceed when we encounter those suffering from trauma. We have extensive experience working online, and a large and diverse team of facilitators.
World-renowned trauma experts will join together for a day to help facilitators to:
- Understand why the subjective response, rather than the objective trigger, plays a greater role in determining whether trauma is induced by an event (or series of events)
- Identify a range of reasons that cause some to be traumatised by particular events, even if they are not directly involved, whilst others remain unaffected
- Learn about the temperamental and environmental factors, including resilience and social support, that enable some individuals to better cope with potentially traumatic events
- Recognise the emotional and physical signs of trauma, along with the longer-term conditions and disorders that it can lead to
- Learn how to avoid where possible and best support when needed anyone in their class who may be triggered into re-living a traumatic event
- Understand why trauma can lead to feelings of numbness, disconnection and distrust, and why high-risk or dangerous behaviours may be more likely because of these feelings
- Learn about the range of treatments available for trauma so that they can appropriately guide those in their classes experiencing trauma to relevantly trained professionals
The event will be recorded and calls will be available on the resources page for 48hrs and as a package to buy in the shop soon after the event.
Creator of Trauma Releasing Exercise (TRE), Psychotherapist and therapeutic Bodywork
Integrative Movement Therapist, Body Oriented Systems Therapist, founder of “Radical Presence: moving with playful compassion”
Embodied trauma expert, psychoanalytic psychotherapist, founder of THRIVE Embodied Trauma-Informed Yoga and immigrant rights activist
Author, somatic teacher, speaker and coach focusing on embodiment research, sexuality and collective trauma-healing
Breathwork Coach in the field of Conscious Connected Breathwork therapy
Somatic bodyworker and founder of Fierce Embodiment
Merete Holm Brantbjerg
Developer of Relational Trauma Therapy, international trainer, group leader and therapist.
Paul Linden, PhD
Aikido teacher and founder of Being in Movement and embodied peacemaking
Bodyworker (TRE®, Craniosacral, Chiropractic), Teacher, author of "Trauma Is Really Strange."
Founder, CEO and CCO (Chief Compassion Officer) of Organic Intelligence®
Dr. Stephen Porges
Author of the Polyvagal Theory, Distinguished University Scientist at the Kinsey Institute, Indiana University, and Professor of Psychiatry at the University of North Carolina
Author, co-founder of Mindfulness-Based Addiction Recovery and Eight Step Recovery Using The Buddhas Teachings, facilitator of Compassionate Inquiry for Trauma
Event Director and Founder of The Embodiment Conference
All times below are in UK time zone, you can check times for your timezone here
Remember all calls will be recorded and be freely available for 24 hrs then be available to buy in the shop
9.30-10.00 Welcome - Mark Walsh and Steve New
10.00-10.50 Introduction to Trauma - Mark Walsh
11.00-11.50 Hyporesponse: a hidden challenge in coping with stress and trauma - Merete Holm Brantbjerg
12.00-12.50 Radical Presence & Embodiment Skills for online Sessions - Christa Cocciole
13.00-13.50 Reconstructing the Body after Trauma - Paul Linden
14.00-14.50 Touch and Trauma: The power and limits of touch to support embodiment - Steve Haines
15.00-15.50 Collective Sexual Trauma - Ilan Stephani
16.00-16.50 Embodying Boundaries - Marcela Widrig
17.00-17.50 How Systems Thinking Brings Healing - Steve Hoskinson
18.00-18.50 Managing Trauma Triggers in Uncertain Times - Elizabeth Haberer
19.00-19.50 Embodiment through the lens of the Polyvagal Theory - Dr. Stephen Porges
20.00-20.50 Trauma review panel - Mark Walsh, Steve New and presenters
21.00-21.50 Traumatic Times - Valerie Mason-John
22.00-22.50 Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises: A Self-help technique - David Berceli
Embodied Peacemaking process
PDF by Paul Linden
Principles of Being In Movement Conflict work PDF by Paul Linden
Principles of Being In Movement trauma work PDF by Paul Linden
You can also access the following free gifts and resources from The Embodiment Conference which you will be registered for automatically by registering for this one-day event.
Centring: Why Mindfulness alone isn’t enough – Mark Walsh
Reach Out: Body awareness training for peacemaking – Paul Linden
Working with normal people: A guide for hippies – Mark Walsh
Embodied Wisdom: Top Tips from The Embodiment Conference 2018
Making Yoga meaningful: Taking yoga off the mat – Mark Walsh
Presentations from The Embodiment Conference 2018:
Trauma and quick Embodiment wins – Betsy Polatin
Anatomy Trains – Tom Myers
Embodiment in Tantrik Yoga – Christopher Wallis
Creative Courage – Brooke McNamara, Rachel Blackman and Dave Rock
This online event is sponsored by
The Embodiment Conference.
An online conference and more than that…
a kickstart to a global movement.
Embodiment is about making friends with your body, and feeling at home in your skin. The conference will give you free access to the top teachers in the field, offer a community of support, and be a huge global party to be remembered.
Embodiment is an antidote to the violence, disconnection and overwhelm caused by numbing, and a return to our shared humanity. For this reason, our goal is to make the 20’s the embodiment decade, and help humanity thrive. The Embodiment Conference is a university, a fiesta and a catalyst. In a cynical age this is a bold vision, yes, but if not now when?
TEC will again be a uniquely rich opportunity for diverse learning, and will not only help you to come home to the anchor of your body in a chaotic world: to energise and inspire you personally, but also to connect with others for whom the body matters too. TEC will use global online community, to create local communities and real-world action.
Participants have an opportunity not just to get a bunch of information, but to clarify and digest that into wisdom. Through this event you can:
• Learn from the leaders and innovators in the field
• Gain deep personal insights (we will provide a platform to help with this)
• Deepen and reboot your own practice
• Easily learn about many new areas
• Build real relationships and gain a community of support that will continue long
after the event (online and in-person).
• Have a really good time doing all this
Making embodied wisdom available to everyone, everywhere, free of charge.
The Embodiment Conference 2020
The conference is back…bigger but easier
TEC2020 has 1000 presenters, ordered into 10 channels, and we have a clever system so you can easily find what you’ll most love.
Yes 1000! We expect 100,000+ people to attend and this may actually be the largest educational event in human history. Given the huge amount on offer and that most of us are busy people, some have asked us already how we suggest accessing the feast! Here are some options:
• Just watch the “main stage” channel where 3 of the best known presenters will be daily.
• Book some time off and treat it like a face-to-face conference! We’ll be releasing the schedule weeks in advance so you can plan if you like to be organised.
• Let us pick two talks a day for you, just tell us your main area of interest and time zone and we’ll send you a “best of” recommendations
• Dip in and out randomly simply by clicking the various channels (like having the best TV ever for 12 days)
• See what’s “hot” on the Facebook group
• Buy the recordings and never need Netflix again!
The conference is totally FREE
(only recordings cost money to cover our expenses).
After subscribing you will receive a welcome email and monthly newsletters.