Embodiment and Performance Expert
Rachel is an actor, artist, theatre maker and body worker who has been exploring somatic practice as a tool in her performance and healing work for most of her professional life. She facilitates workshops for adults interested in unlocking their dormant creative potential, developing physical presence and growing a more robust relationship with fear. She is particularly interested in the potential of play, instinct, imagination and creative agency to transform our experience of life.
- 25+ years experience as a professional actor
- 3 year full time actor training
- Founder and Artistic Director of multi award winning Stillpoint Theatre
- Runs a busy private practice as a deep tissue body worker, Reiki Master and healer.
- 15+ years facilitating workshops on improvisation, developing presence, embodiment, sense perception and freeing creative expression.
- Improvisation practitioner, facilitator and original company founder of The Maydays.
- Trained with Second City Chicago, Susan Messing etc.
- 14 years of classical ballet training.
- 3+ years performing arts movement training in many modalities including Feldenkrias, Aikido, Alexander Technique, Contact Improvisation, Suzuki and Butoh.
- Currently training to be a Feldenkrais teacher
- 10+ years of 5 Rhythms practice,
- 20+ years’ yoga and meditation practice.
- More about Rachel