Why would anyone be interested in centring? (self-regulation through the body).
Well, you could look at it this way: what if there were a piece of technology available which could improve literally anything you do? What if it was free, took very little time to learn, measurably improves performance across a huge range of tasks, reduces stress, and improves both individual well-being, performance and relationships? What if there was something always available and good for your health that could improve every aspect of life? Happily such “technology” does exist – it’s a set of body-mind techniques known as “centring”.
We all need to manage ourselves. This book is about how to do that more effectively. It is especially aimed at facilitators, trainers and coaches of all kinds who also wish to support others in managing themselves too. Martial arts, dance and yoga teachers will also find it helpful for supporting students as well.
What you’ll get from this book:
– practical techniques to improve your own happiness, relationships and productivity
– tools to enhance your facilitation skills
– a thorough grounding in the deeper principles behind techniques so you can work creatively with them
– practical techniques you can bring to clients right away to add value to your offers
– clarification of the often woolly theory of centring
– the science of centring to better “sell” the idea to clients
We can all regulate ourselves at times, we’re not toddlers having tantrums at any mishap, but this vital life skill can be more or less developed. There’s much benefit to simply being aware of ourselves (mindfulness), but much more in being able to positivity influence our state, to impact our happiness, relationships and work. “Centring” is the overall term used for the self-regulation skills that work with the body. At core, being stressed is a bodily response, so we need bodily tools to work with this. We can not just talk ourselves out of physiology, and all the disembodied books in the world won’t help either.
But centring practices available in this e-book will!